We, the members of the Genesee Lutheran Parish, in receiving God’s gracious gifts, are committed to be living examples of Jesus’ love by strengthening and encouraging each other. We commit to love every person and serve anyone we can through word and deed, following the example of our Lord.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thank You VBS Folks!

First up, an apology.  This week I was all set to run Sermon Notes from our amazing confirmation class but I've been under the weather.  We've been doing VBS every morning.  My afternoons and evenings have consisted of doing everything that absolutely had to be done as efficiently as possible and the collapsing into bed.  I've slept more during the daytime this week than I have since I was a teenager.  That has cut down on church blogging time.  I am feeling better today.  I will let you read those wonderful sermon notes next week.

Before that, though, a hearty thank you to everyone who has made Vacation Bible School run so well this week!  It's been fantastic!  We've had an enthusiastic group of kids, eager youth helping out, plenty of adults pitching in.  There's been so little stress and so much fun this year that it's hard to believe this is really VBS!  All of you have been incredible and everybody involved should get a pat on the back and take a huge bow.

My special thanks go to Ms. Anna Sobczyk who has helped me out with music this week. VBS Music isn't hard when you have friends, but it's a bear to do alone.  It takes tons of energy and creativity.  In my less-than-optimal condition this week would have been unbearable without Anna's encouragement and co-guitar-playing.  Yaaaaay Anna!  Everybody say thank you to her this week and to everyone else who helped out with crafts, games, stories, snacks, organization, supplies, cleaning, and everything it takes to make Bible School go well!

--Pastor Dave (pastordave@geneseelutheranparish.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment