We, the members of the Genesee Lutheran Parish, in receiving God’s gracious gifts, are committed to be living examples of Jesus’ love by strengthening and encouraging each other. We commit to love every person and serve anyone we can through word and deed, following the example of our Lord.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sermon Notes: God With Us

Our march of sermon note thoughts from our recent confirmation class continues...

Everyone has days when all you want to do is talk to someone or be with someone who can help you with anything you need.  Jesus is one of those people.  We can't make Jesus just appear, but he is always there no matter what.
There are many ways to make God seem closer to us.  Church is one.  Even though we all know he is with us all the time it's sometimes hard to realize out in a world filled with distractions.  Sometimes you might think to yourself, "Am I really worthy of God?"  God guides us and leads even on those days when we feel worthless.  He shows you that you really aren't.
God is amazing.  He is always with us even when we feel lonely and afraid.  Even when I I'm feeling this way I remember I'm not alone even though I may feel empty. 
I'm very busy but I know that's no excuse.  I want to remember God and all the wonderful things he does for me and how he helps me on the journey to becoming someone wonderful.  
I also want to make a difference in at least one person's life.  I haven't quite figured out how but I'm going to no matter what it takes.  God will believe in me no matter what.  I really need that because when I share some of my ideas people just look at me like, "Yeah right.  That's not going to happen."  But I know God will be my support even when I don't have everyone else by my side.
God is everyone's best friend.

What encouraging words these are!  I think perhaps our young confirmation student has already made a difference in at least one person's life just by sharing them!  I hope they inspire you as much as they did me.

--Pastor Dave (pastordave@geneseelutheranparish.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment