We, the members of the Genesee Lutheran Parish, in receiving God’s gracious gifts, are committed to be living examples of Jesus’ love by strengthening and encouraging each other. We commit to love every person and serve anyone we can through word and deed, following the example of our Lord.

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Working Together

This morning just before I was ready to head up to the church I got an email from Patrick asking if we should cancel church today. I had just come in from starting and cleaning off my car, it was a mess out there, and I am sure out of town was much worse, so I didn't hesitate to agree.
Verna and Rosanna were on messenger, so I quickly got their opinions, then we all let Patrick know we were in an agreement. Now the real work began, communication was needed. Verna got on the directory and split it up for us to phone as many people as we could, I posted on Facebook and emailed those in church directory, Rosanna got hold of Sunday school teachers and parents. Then we called everyone we figured might try to make it into church. The Pastor, Devanie and Patrick were also helping in spreading the word.
Following that Rosanna and Verna posted the sermon, Bishop's message, the bulletin and announcements on the blog and Facebook. By a little after 10, everyone had been notified and items posted.
I write about this because I know several of us always worry how well our communication is anymore. Well now we know we can communicate if needed. I don't know about anyone else but I am pretty proud of how we all pulled together.
Personally for me in this time of a unsurity that we are experiencing within church, days like this give me back the faith that we are still a family and are able to work together. Whatever lies ahead I am certain we will all come out of it as a strong faith community. We can rely on each other and we can survive as long as we remember to work together.

1 comment: