We, the members of the Genesee Lutheran Parish, in receiving God’s gracious gifts, are committed to be living examples of Jesus’ love by strengthening and encouraging each other. We commit to love every person and serve anyone we can through word and deed, following the example of our Lord.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

April 23 Bulletin

Genesee Lutheran Parish
208-285-1719
Geneseelutheranparish.blogspot.com
Supply Pastor Dana Helsing

Second Sunday of Easter                             April 23, 2017

WE GATHER
Prelude
Thanksgiving for Baptism                                          Handout
Gathering Hymn  Come, You Faithful, Raise the Strain     #363
Welcome and Announcements
Hymn of Praise                                                                    pg. 140
Prayer of the Day
Almighty and eternal God, the strength of those who believe and the hope of those who doubt, may we, who have not seen, have faith in you and receive the fullness of Christ’s blessing, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen

WE HEAR GOD’S WORD
First Reading                                                           Acts 2:14a, 22-32
Psalm  16
Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
    I have no good apart from you.”
As for the holy ones in the land, they are the noble,
    in whom is all my delight.
Those who choose another god multiply their sorrows;
    their drink offerings of blood I will not pour out
    or take their names upon my lips.
The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
    you hold my lot.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage.
I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;
    in the night also my heart instructs me.
I keep the Lord always before me;
    because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices;
    my body also rests secure.
10 For you do not give me up to Sheol,
    or let your faithful one see the Pit.
11 You show me the path of life.
    In your presence there is fullness of joy;
    in your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Second Reading                                                    1 Peter 1:3-9
Children’s Time
Gospel Acclamation                                                                 151
Gospel                                                                              John 20:19-31
Sermon

WE RESPOND TO THE WORD
Hymn                          We Walk By Faith                              #635
Apostles Creed                                                              pg. 105
Prayers of the Church
*Each petition ends with   “Lord in your mercy…”
                                              “Hear our prayer.”
Sharing the Peace
Offering

WE ARE FED
Great Thanksgiving                                                        pg. 144
Sanctus (Holy, Holy, Holy)                                           pg. 144
The Lord’s Prayer                                                           pg. 145
Distribution
Prayer after Communion
Life-giving God
In the mystery of Christ’s death and resurrection
you send light to conquer darkness, water to give
new life, and the bread of heaven to nourish your people. Send us forth as witness to Jesus’
resurrection that we may show your glory to all
the world; through the same Jesus Christ, our
risen Lord.  Amen
Blessing
WE ARE SENT TO MISSION
Benediction 
Hymn                                Thine is The Glory                 #376
Call to Mission   P: Go in peace… C: Thanks be to God!
****************************************************
ANNOUNCEMENTS
9-9:45: Adult and Children’s Sunday school
April 28: 7 PM Theology on Tap with Pastor Helsing
at Dan and Dana Carter’s house.
April 29th: 11 AM Brunch with Pastor Helsing at the
Valley Church
April 30: Potluck Fellowship
May 14: Move to the Valley church starts at 9 AM
May 19 – 21: Synod Assembly Bishop Elections will be
 held during the Synod Assembly, Rosanna and Verna would
like your input on who you think would be the best candidate from the nominations. Verna has the bios of each candidate
that you can look over to help them with their vote as our congregational representatives at the assembly.

Please sign up for Greeter, Communion Assistant
and Reader for May downstairs in the Fellowship
Hall
Total offering for Sunday, April 16 offering       $1297.50
                                                      Total         $1297.50
                                                     Attendance        103
****************************************************  
                         April 23                                 April 30
Sermon:                      Pastor Helsing         
Organist:                    Louise Marone          Louise Marone
Greeters:                    Kurt  Blume                               
Communion ASST.:    
Reader:                                  Verna Studer                               


No comments:

Post a Comment