We, the members of the Genesee Lutheran Parish, in receiving God’s gracious gifts, are committed to be living examples of Jesus’ love by strengthening and encouraging each other. We commit to love every person and serve anyone we can through word and deed, following the example of our Lord.

Friday, January 24, 2014

Gospel Gatherings

Brent and I rode with Pastor Dave and Linda to Troy to join Louise, John, Patrick, and Randi for Gospel discussion.

 I'm so grateful for those of you who participate in these discussions.  By listening to each of you as you share your ideas and insights and questions, I am aware that I often take the readings at face value:  the story is told, and I am like the little Sunday School girl who listens to the story and thinks, "Cool."  And that's it.  And when I hear the Gospel read during worship services, I don't have much time to mull the message.  So, when I participate in these discussions, I allow myself time to think about the stories and ideas and to reflect on the ideas which the others have.

I recommend this discussion group to all of you are in my quandary:  not enough time to attend weekly Bible study sessions or time to adequately reflect on the messages which are being shared during worship.

Thank you to all of you who DO participate, and thank you to all of you are willing to open up your home to us so that we can visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment